NEW YORK, NY (January 8, 2008) -- Ah, proposal season, the magical time of year when earth-shattering shrieks are heard from thousands of women across the country who finally hear that ever-important question.
But within weeks, the joyous mood suddenly breaks and the whirlwind comes to a screeching halt as reality sets in for newly engaged couples. The truth is that before happily-ever-after, there are over 500 to-dos in need of attention -- from the rehearsal dinner to the reception (and of course you can’t forget the postwedding brunch), to all of the details from the flowers to the wedding dress. With all the to-dos -- and expenses -- that go into planning a wedding, it should come as no surprise that today’s brides and grooms face big challenges and even bigger pressures to plan the perfect day.
Finally, newly engaged couples can breathe a sigh of relief because, thanks to the love of lists at TheKnot.com, the stress of planning a wedding is about to get much easier.
The Knot Book of Wedding Lists: The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Day, Down to the Smallest Detail (Clarkson Potter, January 8, 2008) is an easy-to-carry compilation of all the timelines, tools, and checklists that have made TheKnot.com an indispensable guide for millions of brides, grooms, mothers, and maids-of-honor.
In the expertly organized The Knot Book of Wedding Lists brides have instant access to:
- Timelines for every step of the process, down to the day itself
- A budget breakdown
- The questions to ask and contract points to push with vendors, officiants, event space managers, photographers, bands, and the many other people vital to making a wedding come together
- Lists of duties expected of each member of the wedding party
- The steps necessary for extra considerations, such as a calligrapher or a wedding web page
- The best flowers by color
- Gown silhouettes, plus what shapes work with each body type
- Beauty preparations, including a wedding day beauty kit, trial runs, and a day-of timeline
- Registry checklist
- Tipping guidelines for everyone from the reception manager to coatroom attendants to the limo driver
- A to-do list for brides who’ve decided to change their name
With The Knot Book of Wedding Lists in their binder or bag, brides will feel like a seasoned veteran, in control and un-intimidated.
About the Author
After an exhausting experience planning her own wedding to husband and The Knot cofounder David Liu, Carley Roney realized that brides-to-be were in dire need of a resource to make the wedding planning process simpler and more enjoyable. Thus, The Knot was born in 1996. Roney has become a media darling, appearing frequently on shows like Oprah, The View, Today, and The Early Show.
About The Knot Inc.
The Knot Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT; www.theknot.com) is a leading lifestage media and services company focusing on the key nesting lifestage, the five-year span from proposal to pregnancy. The company’s flagship brand, The Knot, is the nation’s leading wedding resource that reaches over 1 million engaged couples each year through the web, newsstands, bookstores, national television, and more.
The Knot Book of Wedding Lists
By Carley Roney and the editors of TheKnot.com
978-0-307-34193-8 | Clarkson Potter | Publication Date: January 8, 2008 | $12.95