NEW YORK (May 12, 2010) - The Knot Inc. (www.theknot.com; NASDAQ: KNOT), the leading lifestage media company, today announced the launch of GiftRegistry360.com (www.giftregistry360.com), a brand new one-stop registry service that enables brides to add products from the nation's leading retailers, such as Macy's, Target, Crate & Barrel, Williams-Sonoma and The Home Depot, as well as any online store, all on to one single, easy-to-manage list from which gift givers can seamlessly purchase.
“GiftRegistry360.com is the future of gift registries, particularly wedding registries,” said Kristin Savilia, senior vice president of Ecommerce and Registry at The Knot Inc. “Today's couples create a wedding registry at an average of three retailers, making the current process of managing and shopping from multiple wedding registries tedious for couples and their wedding guests. GiftRegistry360.com provides couples with the simplicity and flexibility they want while simultaneously making it easier for wedding guests to locate and shop from online and in-store registries.”
GiftRegistry360.com Key Features
- Anything, Anywhere, One List. Brides can add products from any favorite retailer, such as Macy's, Crate & Barrel, The Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma or Target, or browse by category to find everything needed for kitchen, dining, bed and bath and more, and add it to one single registry list. Wedding guests can then easily search and purchase wedding gifts all on one convenient list.
- Link & Sync Existing Registries. A one-of-a-kind Link & Sync feature enables brides to merge existing wedding registries from participating partners into a single registry list that is easy to manage and makes it convenient for guests to shop. Purchases made through GiftRegistry360.com are automatically updated on the retailer's website and in-store registry list and on GiftRegistry360.com, making the registering process seamless.
- Add Products from Anywhere on the Internet. An “Add to GiftRegistry360.com” bookmarking tool allows brides to add a product from any website on to their GiftRegistry360.com list, freeing them from sticking to products only available at the stores where they have existing registries.
- View & Create Styleboards. With this unique feature, users can easily drag and drop products on to a virtual canvas to see how different products fit together before adding them on to their registry list. Couples can also comment and share on each other's Styleboards, adding an element of community to registering.
- Share Your Registry List. Brides can automatically share their gift registry list with wedding guests via a widget that can be integrated into any social networking website-including personal wedding websites, Facebook profiles and blogs-allowing guests to effortlessly access a user's GiftRegistry360.com list.
“GiftRegistry360.com empowers brides-or anyone-to create their registry any way they'd like, making it the ultimate registry service,” added Savilia. “It is our commitment to creating these best-in-kind services for our community that makes The Knot Inc. the number one destination for brides.”
“GiftRegistry360.com builds off of the success of the WeddingChannel.com patented gift registry search engine.” said David Liu, CEO of The Knot Inc. “With this new registry platform, users and gift givers will find our roster of registry offerings unmatched.”
About The Knot, Inc.
The Knot, Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT; http://www.theknot.com), is the premier media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the industry's #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest and The Bump. Our groundbreaking community platforms and incomparable content have ignited passionate communities across the country. The Knot, Inc. is recognized by the industry for being innovative in all media -- from the web to social media and mobile, to magazines and books, television and video. For our advertisers and partners, The Knot, Inc., offers the consummate opportunity to connect with our devoted communities as they make the most important decisions of their lives. Founded in 1996, The Knot, Inc. is made up of four major revenue categories: online sponsorship and advertising, registry services, merchandise and publishing. The company is publicly listed on NASDAQ (KNOT) and is headquartered in New York City.