NEW YORK (July 19, 2010) - Just because there are only 65 days of summer left, you don't have to say good bye to bathing suits, long weekend getaways and that sun-kissed glow. The editors at The Nest (www.thenest.com), a hip how-to guide for home and life from leading lifestage media company The Knot Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT), share secrets on how to maximize and extend those dog days of summer well into fall in its first newsstand issue. Hitting newsstands for the first time today, the summer 2010 issue of The Nest is bursting with nearly 400 how-to tips and tricks on making the best out of entertaining and organizing your home, life and money.
Here's a look inside The Nest summer 2010 issue:
- How To Take Back Your Summer. (pg. 118) Warning! Summer been stolen by boring baby birthday parties and weddings for sorta-kinda friends? There's only 65 days of summer left, so the editors from The Nest show you how to handle these less-than-desired summer buzzkills, maximize the remaining days and even how to extend the fun into the fall's cool weather.
- How To Renovate Without a Hitch. (pg. 62) DIY or hire help? From renovation rules to DIY disaster stories to must-know paint lingo, the editors from The Nest break down the process of renovating in an easy-to-use guide that can save you money now.
- How To Match Your Sex Styles. (pg. 26) Your partner's channeling his inner porn star while you just want to cuddle the night away? Even though your sex styles might not be the same, the new issue of The Nest not only helps you identify your sex style, but also teaches you how to take things from “eh” to “ooh yeah” in as little as a few moves.
- How To Steal Home Décor Styles. (pg. 43) Who doesn't love peeking inside someone's home? Along with showing real couple budget bedroom makeovers and stylish small spaces, The Nest editors turned to Rooney drummer Ned Brower and actress Sarah Jane Morris for a look inside their California home, eco-conscious lifestyle, and at how they love entertaining. Plus, check out virtual home video tours at TheNest.com/TV.
- Do YOU Know How To… Make a kick-ass sangria? Have sex in the shower? The Nest invites readers to submit their best how-to tip for a chance to be featured in the fall 2010 issue and win a romantic getaway for two. From travel advice to cooking shortcuts, readers can enter at TheNest.com/howtowin or from smart phones via a 2D barcode in the magazine.
The Nest is available at select retailers including Barnes & Noble, Borders, Target, Wal-Mart, and more.
About The Nest
The Nest (www.thenest.com) is the only brand focused exclusively on young nesters setting up homes and navigating new lives together, reaching millions of couples each year through TheNest.com, The Nest magazine and The Nest books, The Nest Home Design Handbook and The Nest Newlywed Handbook (published by Clarkson Potter). The popular offshoot of The Knot takes a hip how-to approach to all things “grown up”: merging finances, buying and decorating homes, cooking and entertaining, family relationships and more through expert Q&As, an online community and interactive tools. The Nest is a part of The Knot Inc. (NASDAQ: KNOT), the premier media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between.
NOTE TO EDITORS: To speak with an editor at The Nest, get high-resolution photos or speak with real couples about these topics and more, please contact Erin Maestas at (212) 515-3595 or email@example.com.