The Knot is the internet’s most-trafficked one-stop wedding planning solution. Founded in 1996 to offer a much-needed alternative to the white-gloved, outdated advice of the available etiquette experts, The Knot has quickly become the #1 wedding website and America's leading wedding brand reaching out to millions of engaged couples each year.
The brand’s trademark fresh voice and real-world sensibility can be found everywhere a bride looks: on newsstands in national and regional editions of The Knot magazine, in bookstores; in newspapers through Scripps Howard and McClatchy-Tribune News Services; online at major portals like MSN, and on TV, through original programming on The Style Network and Oxygen.
"The chicest website in cyberspace!" - Vogue
TheKnot.com is the #1 online wedding destination.
- First-Class Fashion: The largest searchable gown gallery on the web with thousands of gown pictures from hundreds of designers
- Inspiring Images: Real wedding style and ideas from actual weddings, searchable by theme, location, season, and element
- Local Resources: 17,000+ local florists, photographers, reception sites, and more
- Personalized Tools: Interactive checklist, budgeter, guest list manager, and wedding web page builder
- Modern Advice: 1,000+ articles on all wedding-related topics
- 24/7 Community: Personal profiles, blogs, boards, hosted chats, and member web pages
- Convenient Shopping: The web's largest wedding supply retailer with 1,000+ accessories, favors, attendant gifts, and more
- Registry Central: A complete registry guide helps couples find gifts that suit their everyday lives
- The Knot TV: 24/7 streaming original programming featuring bridal fashion shows, makeovers, honeymoon specials, real wedding videos, and inspiration from celebrity wedding planners and wedding TV personality Carley Roney (more than 1.5 million streams/month)
The Knot Magazines
The Knot magazine helps couples find the things they seek the most:
- Revolutionary Format: Alphabetized, searchable directories of gowns, bridesmaid dresses, tuxedos, jewelry, home products, and honeymoons
- Inspiring Ideas: Fresh, stylish photo spreads cover every major wedding element, from the aisle to the reception
- Modern Advice: Solutions to wedding planning etiquette in a trademark fresh voice with realistic sensibility
- Interactive: Works in tandem with TheKnot.com to lead brides back to the product gallery on the website's various search tools
- Available: Published quarterly and available in bookstores, on
newsstands, and online for $9.99
XO Group Inc. is the #1 publisher of local wedding magazines in the country:
The Knot Books
- 17 US City Editions: Designed to help brides and grooms plan their weddings in their hometowns (even if they live in other cities)
- Smart, Savvy, Local Advice: Fresh voice and realistic sensibility of The Knot and top local experts
- Real Weddings: Inspiring hometown weddings and the ingredients that make them special
- Venues & Pros: Local reception site comparison guide, plus 1,000+ wedding pros and listings
- Interactive: References TheKnot.com City-by-City Guides where brides can tour sites, browse portfolios, research pros, and email vendors
- Available: Published semiannually and available for $4.99 on
newsstands, online, and in major bookstores nationwide
The Knot seeks out partnerships with top publishers to produce books especially for brides, grooms, and wedding guests. Each book is authored by Carley Roney who, with her unique real-world sensibility, provides all the need-to-know details in a fresh, down-to-earth voice. With true tales, insider advice, checklists, and in-depth sections on updated wedding etiquette, sneaky cost-trimming tricks, and coping with stressful family situations, these best-selling guides by The Knot take engaged couples step-by-step through the wedding-planning process, helping them make all of their critical decisions from the proposal to the honeymoon.
To see the whole collection, click here.
The Knot TV
The Knot TV is the first-ever 24/7 streaming wedding television channel. The Knot team of style experts and guest contributors host wedding-themed programming including:
- Bridal Fashion Runway Shows: Front-row fashion week footage from shows by Oscar De La Renta, Vera Wang, Monique Lhuillier, Reem Acra, Amsale, and more!
- Wedding Makeovers: How real girls get styled for the wedding day by the industry’s top experts
- Real Wedding Videos: Favorite Knottie nuptials, from destination weddings to sunset ceremonies
- Honeymoon Specials: Get a whirlwind tour of the world’s most romantic destinations, plus tips for booking and traveling
- Registry How-Tos: What to put on your list from resident home experts from The Knot
- Hot Favors & Attendant Gifts: How to say thank you to your bridal party and wedding guests
- LIVE Show: The Knot editors host a weekly live show featuring all that's hot in the world of weddings.
The Knot Wedding Shop
The largest retailer of wedding supplies on the Internet, The Knot Wedding Shop is stocked with over 1,000 hard-to-find wedding supplies at the best prices around. The Knot Wedding Shop offers brides 24-hour accessibility and quick turnaround delivery for all those last-minute orders before the big day. From our wedding planning workbooks and gift books to personalized wedding collections of ring pillows, flower girl baskets, pen & holder sets, and guest books, The Knot has designed and produced a series of products across the wedding category.
Co-founder Carley Roney is the nation's leading weddings expert and a frequent guest on national television programs including: NBC's Today, ABC’s The View, LIVE! With Kelly & Michael, CBS This Morning, E!, CNN, Inside Edition, and The FOX News Report, and has been featured in InStyle, Vogue, Elle, Glamour, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and USA Today. She's a seasoned speaker who's invited to headline many bridal and lifestyle industry events across the country.
The Knot Editors are popular sources for everything that's hot and newsworthy in weddings, including fashion, etiquette, honeymoons, and celebrity nuptials. In addition to The Knot TV, they have appeared onToday, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, CNN, FOX News, and more across the country.
Read their bios here.