The Nest is a how-to guide for home and life. The Nest publishes a bustling website, an award-winning quarterly magazine that will hit newsstands in Summer 2010, and a book series with Clarkson Potter-- all 100-percent committed to the phrase “happily ever after.”
“TheNest.com: a go-to resource for today’s hip married couples.” --USA TODAY
Created after the model of wedding site TheKnot.com, TheNest.com is the go-to resource for a vast and loyal community of couples in their 20s and 30s that are building and organizing their lives together -- from buying first homes to organizing their finances, decorating, entertaining, and relating. Powered by a robust online community of just-married members of The Knot grappling with the emotional issues -- and enormous to-do lists -- that people face in the first few years of marriage, TheNest.com includes interactive tools, calculators, photo databases, buying guides, blogging tools, photo sharing, plus expert Q+As and rich editorial advice. Members chat in a mother-in-law-free zone and dish out advice to each other on everything from how to get your permanent roommate to pick up their dirty socks to how to inspect a property when you’re buying your first home.
- To-Do List: Stay on top of nagging to-dos, from changing your name to coordinating health insurance, with this comprehensive checklist that comes complete with an email reminder service (wouldn’t want to forget your dear mother-in-law’s birthday!).
- Blog: Chronicle the adventures of married life, from day-to-day activities to buying a home to having a baby.
- Address Book: Easily manage thank-you notes, invitations, and the requisite holiday card mailing list.
- Notebook: Earmark or send to a friend advice, decor ideas, recipes, and images from TheNest.com.
- Home Page: Keep friends and family up to date with a personal web page -- with pics of your wedding, honeymoon, new home, and expanding family.
- Recipes: Search hundreds of delicious recipes to answer that ever nagging question: "What’s for dinner?"
- Money: How to get out of debt, make a budget, invest, file taxes jointly, buy insurance, and merge your money. Includes a household budgeter, savings calculator, and weekly Q+A with personal wealth management expert Robert Pagliarini.
- Real Estate: First-time homeowners' guide to house hunting, plus how to find the right broker, choose insurance, get a mortgage, and more. Includes a mortgage calculator, mortgage checklists, home inspection and home-buying checklists, and a weekly “Just Moved!” section detailing a couple’s recent home purchase (including price and photos!).
- Decor: How to pick paint colors, organize closets, make tiny spaces feel bigger, and merge his and her styles, plus real home slideshows and a decor gallery with hundreds of inspiring photos (gorgeous bedrooms, living rooms, entryways, bathrooms, home offices, and more!). Expert advice from celebrity designer Celerie Kemble and gardening guru Sean Conway.
- Dinner: Hundreds of easy dinner recipes (with photos!) -- chicken, pasta, slow-cooker, low-fat, and under 15-minute meals. Plus, foodie advice on how to store cheese, stock your bar, and set the table as well as quizzes (wine IQ?), checklists (Top Pantry Essentials), and daily Q+A with foodie Colleen Rush.
- Buying Guides: Advice on all big purchases, from shopping for a flat-screen TV to shutting off your landline, leasing a car vs. buying to sound systems, refrigerators, cars, and couches. Also: the best places to shop online and real people product reviews.
- Love & Sex: How to get along with the in-laws, jazz up your sex life, make couple friends, and date-night ideas, plus between-the-sheets advice from sexpert Dr. Pam.
Visit TheNest.com I Request an Interview
- Message Boards: Vent about insane in-laws, dish about the daily grind, and trade tips on moving, decorating, dinners, careers, single friends, and more.
- Local Boards: Meet and mingle with other newlyweds in your neighborhood. Review local businesses, read about events, and schedule offline get-togethers.
Editor in Chief Carley Roney shares her advice for making marriage work on TheNest.com, in The Nest magazine, in her two books, The Nest Newlywed Handbook and The Nest Home Design Handbook, and regularly appears on top TV shows and channels, such as NBC’s TODAY, CNN, ABC's The View, and more.
Read all The Nest expert bios here.